Here we will be discussing some sauna safety tips that you should know about and what a steam shower is. Also, we will be discussing steps that you can follow to use the traditional Finnish sauna.
What are the sauna safety tips?
It does not depend if you are using these saunas in private or public, but there are some safety measures to be followed. Given below is the list of some safety measures that you need to follow when you are using any kind of sauna.
- If you are having any kind of disease or illness, you should first consult a doctor before visiting a sauna.
- If you are pregnant or about to become pregnant, you should ask the doctor before visiting the sauna.
- You should not take any medication that makes you feel drowsy before going into the sauna.
- You should not use the sauna if you are ill.
- You need to drink a glass of water before and after visiting the sauna.
- Don’t consume any kind of alcohol or drugs before visiting the sauna.
- Do not eat a large meal before the sauna and take a visit for a limited time only.
- You should leave if you feel dizzy or ill.
What are the steps to use the traditional Finnish sauna?
According to the North American Sauna Society given below are some steps that you can take in the Finnish sauna.
- Before entering the sauna, you should drink a full glass of water and take a quick shower.
- You should warm yourself in the dry sauna for 10 minutes before adding humility.
- When you exit the sauna, you need to take a quick shower to rinse off the sweat.
- You need to let your body cool after visiting the sauna by having a cold drink or a glass of water.
- You can re-enter the sauna for 10 minutes and pour water on the rocks to create steam.
- You can take a traditional vihta made of twigs to exercise your muscles in the sauna by gently tapping them.
- After exiting the steam one, you should again take a shower and then drink something to cool down.
- You again have to revisit the sauna for 10 minutes to give a final touch-up to the body.
- Then after exiting, you can go in the cold pool to cool yourself down and have a swim.
- After the sauna, you should drink water and have some snacks so that you don’t feel dizzy.
- You should let your body cool down, then wear your clothes and leave the building.
What is a steam shower?
These are the special showers in which you can take steam as well as bath at the same time. They come with a heater, shower, and even a bathtub and a small sitting place to relax inside. It is airtight like the sauna, but it acts as an all-in-one combo and is small in size compared to the sauna anywhere. They even have speakers to listen to music and also an aroma oil pump to freshen your mood.